Continuing Education Credits
As part of our commitment to top quality products and environmental sustainability, we support our customers’ ongoing training and continuing education needs.
We are pleased to offer continuing education credits through the American Institute of Architects CES system.
American Institute of Architects (AIA) USGBC-GBCI CE for LEED Professionals
Course Name: Technologies for Sustainable Streets: Building Livable Communities
- 1 AIA HSW/SD CE Hour
- 1 GBCI CE Hour for LEED Professionals
Upon completion of this course, the design professional will be able to:
- List the 5 components of sustainable streets.
- Describe the 3 considerations for choosing pavements: Recyclability, Carbon Footprint, Heat Island Effect.
- Explain strategies for mitigating heat island effect.
- Express how pavement fits into different green building rating systems and environmental concerns including VOCs, Energy, LEED, and Greenroads.
- Describe different traffic calming methodologies and explain the final solution to meeting these goals.
- Give examples on how walking path and pavement design can bring communities together to create a move livable environment and a better quality neighborhood.
- Illustrate New York City’s Sustainable Streets Plan and describe how this is helping to create a better pedestrian and cyclist environment in an urban setting.
Take this course at: